Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Check JAMB Admission Status caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates admission status

What is JAMB Admission Status?
JAMB Admission Status is the current position or stage of a prospective student’s application as being reviewed by admission officers of the tertiary institutions and JAMB. It is the outcome of this review that determines the admission status of a candidate.

Later in this article, I’m going to show you the three possible outcomes candidates get when they check their JAMB admission status. I will also give you their interpretation so that you will understand where you stand every time you check your admission status.

Note that candidates can only check their JAMB admission status via the JAMB CAPS Portal. Verification of admission status on JAMB CAPS portal is free.

What is JAMB CAPS Portal?
At the heart of the mandate of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is the placement of suitably qualified candidates into tertiary institutions in conjunction with the institutions. In furtherance of this mandate, JAMB introduced (in 2017) and deployed the Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS).

The following year (in 2018), JAMB introduced CAPS Version 2 which has been in use till date. In CAPS Version 2, a lot of new features are activated. Some of the new features include:

Incremental Download of Candidates to cater for candidates that changed to the Institution since last download.
Enforcement of UTME Subjects combination.
Enforcement of O’ Level Subjects requirements.
And so on.
The Need to Check JAMB CAPS Admission Status
1. There are situations where candidates are admitted into a tertiary institution but for one reason or the other, the institution does not release their admission lists on time on their own portal. So candidates who applied to such institutions must use the JAMB CAPS Admission Status Portal to determine whether they have been admitted or not.

2. Candidates made several choices of institutions during application. Hence, they need to check their JAMB admission status to know whether any of the institutions offered them admission. By so doing, they will decide whether they will accept or reject the admission offer if they were given one.

3. Some institutions may consider candidates for transfer from the original choice programme to another programme on account of their UTME and O’level combinations. As a candidate, you need to monitor your admission status to know whether there is such consideration for you. You will need to either accept or reject such consideration to enable the institution proceed with processing your admission.

Alright.

Read how to check JAMB admission status in the following section.

How to Check JAMB Admission Status on CAPS Portal
Follow the simple steps below to check your JAMB admission status on CAPS Portal…

1. Visit the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) portal at http://www.jamb.gov.ng/efacility/.
2. Login with your JAMB Email and Password.
3. When you successfully log in, scroll down to locate and click on ‘Access my CAPS‘.
4. Then select Check Admission Status on the left panel.
5. Select your Exam year and supply your registration number in the necessary columns.
6. Finally, click the ‘Check Admission Status’ button to access your JAMB admission status. You can also click on ‘Access my CAPS‘ to access CAPS for Admission status and other related services.
[Image: JAMB-portal.webp]
[Image: JAMB-Profile-Login.webp]
[Image: JAMB-Check-AdmissionS-Status.webp]
So that’s all there is to checking admission status on JAMB CAPS. Next, I will show you the possible feedback you can get when you check your admission status. Thereafter, I will tell you what to do about each feedback.

Before then, take note of the following.

Note 1: For those using mobile browsers

When you click on CAPS and just see Welcome, don’t panic. Just switch to the desktop version of your browser to see the menu and then click on check admission status.
All resources on the forum clean. Sometimes Virus total give false positives. Also developers may insert backdoors, if you find it, contact me.